LeoVegas AB is a Swedish online gambling company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Founded in 2011, it is chiefly famous for the gambling site LeoVegas.com. The gambling site is operated by the Malta-based subsidiary Leo Vegas Ltd.
LeoVegas AB, which is the parent company, is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Sweden is also home to the subsidiary Gears of Leo, who handles the technical development for Leo Vegas.
In addition to their presence in Sweden and Malta, Leo Vegas also has offices in Poland, Italy and the UK. Their main markets are the Nordic countries, the UK, Spain and Italy. Leo Vegas holds gambling licenses from Malta, UK, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Spain.
The IPO for Leo Vegas AB took place in March 2016. After being listed at Nasdaq First North Premier in 2016, Leo Vegas AB was moved to Nasdaq Stockholm’s main market in 2018.
Leo Vegas AB was formed in 2011 by Gustaf Hagman and Robin Ramm Ericson. The gambling site was launched the following year. Back then, it only contained animated casino games. The live-dealer casino and the section for sports betting were added later.
Leo Vegas online casino made a splash on the gambling market in 2012 because it was so easy to use on mobile devices, while also working perfectly on computers. This was an era when a lot of older online casinos were struggling to adapt to a market where potential gamblers spent more and more time on their smartphones and less in front of their stationary computer.
Leo Vegas appealed to the mobile players and grew quickly. In 2015, the number of depositing customers exceeded 200,000.
During the latter half of the 2010s, Leo Vegas made several acquisitions to increase their presence on the European market. They bought Royal Panda, Winga s.r.l. and what we today know as Rocket X, and they also acquired 51% of GameGrounds United and 51% of Pixel Holding Group Ltd.
Examples of awards and prizes bestowed upon Leo Vegas
- 2013 – “Best Innovation in Casino of the Year”, EGR Nordic Awards
- 2014 – “Best Mobile Product of the Year”, EGR Nordic Awards
- 2015 – “Affiliate Program of the Year” & “Slots Operator of the Year”, EGR Nordic Awards
- 2015 – “Grand Prize Award”, GP Bullhound Summit
- 2016 – “Mobile Operator of the Year”, “Casino Operator of the Year” & “Nordic Operator of the Year” EGR Nordic Awards
- 2016 – “Online Casino Operator of the Year”, International Gaming Awards
- 2016 – “Casino Operator of the Year”, Gaming Intelligence Awards
- 2016 – “The Best Mobile Marketing Campaign of the Year” & “Best CRM Campaign of the Year”
- 2017 – “Best Casino Operator”, EGR Nordic Awards
- 2017 – “Best App”, EGR Operator Innovation Awards
- 2017 – “CSR of the year”, Malta Gaming Awards
- 2018 – “Casino Operator of the year”, EGR Nordic Awards
- 2018 – “Casino Operator of the year”, SBC Awards
- 2018 – “Best Sports Betting Operator”. EGR Nordic Awards
- 2018 – “Best Online Casino”, Global Gaming Awards
- 2019 – “Casino Operator of the Year”, EGR Nordic Awards
- 2019 – “Best Mobile Operator of the Year”, International Gaming Awards
- 2019 – “Online Casino of the Year”, Global Gaming Awards
- 2019 – “Casino Operator of the Year”, SBC Awards
- 2019 – “Innovation in Casino Entertainment”, SBC Awards
- 2020 – “Online Gaming Operator of the Year”, International Gaming Awards